Blogging can be a tough gig, but the one thing I’ve learned is that you can never have too many blogging friends, and no matter how far apart you are, you always have the internet to help keep you connected. I’m so very grateful for my blogging friends, because without them I might not have kept plugging away at Alexie RicRac. One of those people I have to thank for supporting me is Taylor from Dear Friends. Taylor has just nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award. I’m so thankful for the nomination, and excited to share a little more about me with you.
Here are the rules for the award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the 10 questions that the blogger sent you
- Create 10 new questions for nominees to answer
- Nominate 10 bloggers and notify them!
Q&A: Sisterhood of the World Bloggers
Here are the questions from Taylor along with my answers to help you learn a little more about me:
- Do you often wear your hair up or down?It really depends on the day. If it’s freshly washed, usually half up, half down.
- What is the last movie you saw in a theatre?Straight Outta Compton
- Besides blogging, what do you like to do in your spare time?Spend time with my husband, watching vintage films, period dramas, be creative, and op shopping.
- Toilet paper. Are you on team over or team under (for further classification, how do you position it on the holder)?Team over, but I’m a convert. I used to be team under.
- Do you say any words differently from your significant other (or anyone else you know if you are currently single)?You bet. I say ‘char-nce’, ‘car-stle’, ‘dar-nce’, ‘Frar-nce’, ‘ar-nswer’. He says them without the ‘r’. I also say ‘yog-hurt’ and he says ‘yo-ghurt’.
- Currently, what is your favourite beauty brand?In terms of cosmetics, it’s a tie between Chi-Chi and Australis.
In terms of skincare, I’m loving Sukin and Lush.
- Favourite TV show?Nope, no favourite TV show. I watch a lot of Netflix now though, and I’ve seen some TV in my time, but I can’t really pinpoint a favourite.
- What’s one make-up palette that you can’t live without?This doesn’t apply to me. I can live without make-up.
- What is one thing you have learned from blogging?Don’t let distractions get in the way of hard work and dedication.
- Summer will be coming to a close next month…are you sad to see it go? Or, are you over it and really looking forward to the new season?I’m not in the northern hemisphere, so our seasons are reversed. I’m glad to see the end of winter, and even happier to have summer on our doorsteps!
Short and sweet answers from me today. I’m not sure why, usually you can’t shut me up, but I think the heat wave this week sapped my energy, and therefore my brain cells.
Blogging is definitely something that unites people all across the globe. As such, my nominees are spread far and wide. There is no pressure to answer these questions, I know that everyone is busy or Q&As might not be your thing, but I love learning more about the people behind the blogs.
- Laura from cookwineandthinker.com
- Akram from akramsideas.com
- Lisa from retrohousewifegoesgreen.com
- Carla from tinyangrycrafter.blogspot.com
- Barbe from fashionistainsuburbia.com
- Zoe from aquirkybird.com
- Georgie from atomicgeorgie.com
- Erin from veryerin.com
- Trisha from thehamandcheeseofit.com
- Liz from ispyplumpie.com
- What is your favourite meal to cook?
- Can you sew?
- If you could live in any time in history, when would you live?
- Where did you go on your last holiday?
- If you were told you could only do one thing for the rest of your life, what would that be?
- Polka dots or stripes?
- Do you make new friends easily?
- Would you prefer going to a live theatre show or a live concert?
- How many people live in your current abode?
- Do you prefer the city, the country, or the ocean?
Reading the About pages on blogs is something I do with every blog I visit, I’m looking forward to learning more about each and every one of you. If you’d like to do this Q&A and I haven’t nominated you, please feel free to do so, and to let me know in the comments!